Gene is the president of our US office. He became a director of Theatre Projects in 2001 and a principal in 2006. He has experience in all aspects of our work, with special expertise in programming, theatre planning, and the application of building codes to theatres.
Gene joined us after 12 years with Systems Design Associates, a theatre consulting firm in New Haven, CT, where he ultimately served as vice president. He's also worked as a designer for Theatre Techniques, a manufacturer of dimming and control equipment, as stage carpenter at the Yale Repertory Theatre, and with the Opera Company of Boston.
He holds a Bachelor of Science degree from the University of Wisconsin and a Master of Fine Arts from the Yale School of Drama. Gene is a lecturer in technical design at the Yale School of Drama, where he teaches courses on theatre planning and advises the department chair on the MFA concentration in Theatre Consulting.
- Benjamin & Marian Schuster Performing Arts Center
Dayton, Ohio, USA
- Bowling Green State University, Wolfe Center
Bowling Green, Ohio, USA
- Grinnell College, Bucksbaum Center for the Arts
Grinnell, Iowa, USA
- New Haven Cooperative Arts & Humanities High School
New Haven, Connecticut, USA
- New York University, Tisch School of the Arts
New York, New York, USA
- Overture Center for the Arts
Madison, Wisconsin, USA
- Tempe Center for the Arts
Tempe, Arizona, USA
- University of Maryland, Clarice Smith Performing Arts Center
College Park, Maryland, USA
- University of Minnesota, Weber Music Hall
Duluth, Minnesota, USA
- University of Missouri-St. Louis, Blanche M. Touhill Performing Arts Center
St. Louis, Missouri, USA