Richard Pilbrow is one of the world's leading theatre consultants. He is also an internationally known author and stage lighting designer, and a theatre, film, and television producer. He founded Theatre Projects in London in 1957. Under his leadership, the company has become the pre-eminent theatre consulting organization in the world, with over 1,200 projects in 70 countries to its credit.
His lighting design work has been seen in London, New York, Dublin, Paris, Berlin, Vienna, and Moscow. His Broadway credits include Tale of Two Cities - The Musical, Our Town (starring Paul Newman), the Hal Prince hit revival of Show Boat, Zorba, Rosencrantz & Guildenstern Are Dead, and The Rothchilds. He also recently designed lights for The Sleeping Beauty for the American Ballet Theatre at the Metropolitan Opera House.
Richard is an active author and publisher including Stage Lighting, with a foreward by Sir Laurence Olivier, and Stage Lighting Design: The Art, the Craft, the Life, with forward by Hal Prince, (published 1997 and reprinted 2008) which became and continues to be the standard for teaching lighting in the UK and US. He has been recognized with multiple Tony Award nominations, the Drama Desk Award, the Outer Circle Critics Award-Lighting, and the Dora Award - Outstanding Lighting.
- AT&T Performing Arts Center, Dee and Charles Wyly Theatre
Dallas, Texas, USA
- Chicago Shakespeare Theater, Navy Pier
Chicago, Illinois, USA
- Epcor Centre for the Performing Arts
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
- Kauffman Center for the Performing Arts
Kansas City, Missouri, USA
- Kimmel Center for the Performing Arts
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, USA
- New Amsterdam Theatre
New York, New York, USA
- North Carolina Blumenthal Performing Arts Center
Charlotte, North Carolina, USA
- Steppenwolf Theatre
Chicago, Illinois, USA
- Tanglewood, Seiji Ozawa Hall
Lenox, Massachusetts, USA
- Walt Disney Concert Hall, Los Angeles Music Center
Los Angeles, California, USA
- Kilden Peforming Arts Centre wins a 2013 USITT Merit Award
- Richard Pilbrow & Tony Walton at the Drama Book Shop on Monday!
- Richard Pilbrow collaborates with Julie Andrews and Tony Walton
- Richard Pilbrow becomes an Honorary Fellow of the Central School of Speech and Drama
- Es geht immer um Künstler und Zuschauer (It's all about artists and audiences)
- Richard Pilbrow's latest book: A Theatre Project
- Richard Pilbrow receives honorary fellowship from Hong Kong Academy