We’re an exciting company and always looking for new team members with theatre, architecture, or engineering backgrounds. Are you dedicated, hard-working, and fun? Let's see if we're a good fit.
We're currently looking for a Drafter to join our team in Los Angeles
What we're looking for
We’re looking for a full-time or part-time drafter to join our team in Los Angeles. This new, entry-level position is available as soon as we find the right person.
Responsibilities of the role
You’ll assist our designers and project managers, and the majority of your work time will be spent drafting with CAD and modeling software. The LA office is growing and the director travels often, so you’ll need to be able to efficiently manage your own time in the office to produce work and hit deadlines. We need more than a “self-starter”—we want an all-around “CAD Monster!”
Your regular duties will include electronic and paper drawing management like document retrieval and drawing preparation from web-based servers, digital image library maintenance, and creating, editing, and manipulating drawings and models for use by the practice team. Please be aware that this is not a designer position.
To be the successful candidate, you should have:
- At minimum an Associate’s degree in theatre or a related field, or completion of a technical trade school in CAD plus at least 2 years’ related work experience
- CAD-related experience in theatre, architecture, or the construction industry
- Theatrical technical experience preferred, especially with lifts, rigging, or lighting systems
- Experience handling drawings and theatrical equipment
- The ability to meet deadlines with an accurate work product
- Significant expertise in AutoCAD2010 or most recent version
- The ability to work in 3D drawing programs and animation (Revit, SketchUp)
- Excellent general computer skills, with fluency in all Microsoft Office programs in a PC environment
- Fluency in Spanish, Mandarin, or Portuguese would be a plus
This is a full- or part-time position based in our Los Angeles office. The salary for this job depends on your level of experience, and we offer excellent full-time benefits. Please email your PDF cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org and include "LA Drafter search" in the subject line. And help us reduce our paper waste - there’s no need to send a hard copy.
We're not currently hiring any other positions, but we're always happy to hear from qualified candidates. If you want to be considered for future openings, we’ll review your resume and keep you in mind if any relevant positions become available.
If we sound like the kind of company you'd like to be a part of - and you think you have something to contribute to our team - please email your resume to us in PDF form. No need to send a hard copy.