Benton Delinger speaking at upcoming ECHO Digital seminar
June 2, 2011
Benton Delinger, director, will be speaking at the first in a series of new seminars being presented by ECHO - the European Concert Hall Organization. The seminar, called ECHO Digital, will be a two-day event focusing on the latest applications of digital technologies from performance streaming and distance learning to marketing and audience development.
Benton has been invited to speak about the New World Center in Miami Beach Florida, a dynamic interactive campus for the New World Symphony, one of America's leading and most innovative music academies. Combining highly flexible spaces with forward-looking technology, the performance and rehearsal spaces transform instantly into broadcast studios for recording and long-distance learning. With Internet2 connectivity, advanced audio systems, and video projection integrated throughout the facility, performers and teachers can interact with far-flung audiences or students in real time.
The New World Center, designed by Gehry Partners, Nagata Acoustics, and Theatre Projects opened in January.
ECHO Digital will be held Monday, June 20 and Tuesday, June 21 at The Sage Gateshead in Gateshead England.
Other speakers include:
- Tony Hall, Lord Hall of Birkenhead, CBE, Chief Executive, Royal Opera House, London and Chair of the London 2012 Cultural Olympiad Board
- Maximilian Madile, Product Marketing Manager, Google, and Core Team YouTube Symphony Orchestra
- Christoph Franke, Creative Producer and Robert Zimmermann, Managing Director, Berlin Phil Media GmbH, Digital Concert Hall - Berliner Philharmoniker
- Klaus Obermaier, Digital Video Artist, Interactive 3D Rite of Spring
- Marie-Hélène Serra, Head of Education and Library, Cité de la musique, Paris
- Dan Efergan, Creative Director of Aardman Digital, Bristol
- Kingsley Jayasekera, Director of Communications and Digital Strategy, Sadlers Wells Theatre, London
- Millicent Jones, Executive Director, Liverpool Philharmonic Orchestra, Liverpool
- Jim Beirne, Chief Executive, Live Theatre, Newcastle-upon-Tyne
- Hannah Rudman, Director, Rudman Consulting & Envirodigital, Scotland
- Tod Machover, Professor of Music and Media, MIT Media Lab, Massachusetts, USA
- Christianne Orto, Assistant Dean of Distance Learning & Director of Recording, Manhattan School of Music, USA
For more information on the conference, click here.